Knowledge is like underwear – it is useful to have it, but not necessary to show it off.
Sometimes you just have to go out of your comfort to realize what you can be more.
Enjoy japanese dinner at Hokkaido Ramen Santouka located at Glorietta 4, Makati City, Philippines
Visiting and experiencing Balay Cena Una at Daraga, Albay was quiet nostalgic in a sense of old Filipino style house.
Once you enter the house made into restaurant, you will travel back in time.
There were different collections of figurines and mini model type of bicycles and motorbikes.
As we go up the second floor of the house, there were lots of view and old things you can see.
I also found Sungka board, a traditional game in Philippines we play when we were young. It was a two player game which compose of 14 small holes and 2 big holes (as a home base of player).
Experience also the old style table setting.
But you must try their desserts specially cheesecake and the Mt. Mayon Chocolate Boulder.
A view of the outskirt of Daraga from the window. You can also see the Mt. Mayon from the other Capiz style windows.
And it is just a phone call away from the present era of mobile phones.
The food prices is around PhP 150 – PhP 300 which I think is affordable including the ambiance. We weren’t able to meet the chef when we visited the place.
Heading back again to Boracay?
Remember some of my budget travel tips from Caticlan Airport:
- Ride and fly by a propeller airplane
- Register your name upon arrival.
- Get a 5-minutes trip to Caticlan Jetty port by Tricycle Motor and book for a boat. Typical cost PhP25($0.60)/person for Tricycle Motor minimum of 2 person and PhP50($1.10)/person fare for boat
- Pay for environmental and admission fee PhP75($1.70)/person
- Pay for terminal fee (separate window) PhP100($2.20)/person. Expect to pay on departure from Caticlan Jetty Port and when leaving the Boracay Island.
- Enjoy 15 to 30 minute boat ride to Boracay Island
- Typical cost of Tricycle Motor from the port around PhP50/person up to Station 1
- Enjoy peaceful sunset at Station 1
- Shop and dine in D’Mall. Tricycle ride cost PhP25/person
- For some affordable meals, try Andok’s or Mang Inasal
- Minimum allowance meal along White Beach is 200. It can go high depending on the food and location.
- Tricycle ride to Puka Beach in Barangay Yapak (PhP50/person)
- “Yapak” means barefoot in my own understanding
- Bring a lot of sunblock if you don’t want to suffer the pain of summer but don’t hide from the sun.
- Jog in the morning from Station 1 to Station 3 and back
- Take a shot in Willy’s rock
- Enjoy the sand, sun and sea.
I just want to remind every international travelers to verify the validity of your passport is more than six months prior to leaving the country.